Ignorning File in Storage field

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Coriolanus

Ignorning File in Storage field

Post by Coriolanus »

Every once in a while Goldwave will only open the direction I last opened, NOT the one listed in the Storage field. How can I correct this bug? Where is the data in the Storage field stored?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Ignorning File in Storage field

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

GoldWave uses the "start" folder given under Options | Storage only when the program is started. If you go to another folder and open a file, then that folder will be used instead the next time you go to open a file. Restarting GoldWave would reset the folder again.

Chris
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:GoldWave uses the "start" folder given under Options | Storage only when the program is started. If you go to another folder and open a file, then that folder will be used instead the next time you go to open a file. Restarting GoldWave would reset the folder again.

Chris
Restarting Goldwave has NOT always reset the folder. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I have tried restarting Goldwave and it will continue to show the same folder last opened instead of the one defined in Storage. As I said sometimes restarting works, sometimes it doesnt.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

So far every time I've restarted GoldWave, the specified folder was used. Is your folder set to a removable or external drive? What folder is it set to?

Chris
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:So far every time I've restarted GoldWave, the specified folder was used. Is your folder set to a removable or external drive? What folder is it set to?

Chris

Not using a removable drive. I have 6 internal hard drives on my system and every once in a while it get stuck on a certain directory. The only way I have found to make it change -- is to change the storage field - open goldwave which will go to the new field, then change the storage field back to the folder I want. This time when I restart Goldwave it will open the correct folder.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you find a pattern to the problem, please let me know. I haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

Chris
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

I have never found a pattern either - most times it is not a problem - but every once in while this happens. The only way to cure it is to choose anothe file for storage and then switch back to the original one.