Error with jpg images

VideoMeld discussions and community help
mikez006

Error with jpg images

Post by mikez006 »

When I try to drag and drop jpg images from a folder, I get the following error.

Cannot open Media in file:
Try using "option | configure VideoMeld" to download "FFmpeg" decoders

However if I click "add image" then select the same image, I can add it without error.

I'm working on a video and it will have 300+ images. If I have to open and browse for every image, it's going to take me forever. I need to be able to drag and drop.

Any ideas?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Error with jpg images

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Drag-and-drop seems to be working fine on my system for JPEG images. If additional decoders were installed on your computer, it may cause the image to be detected incorrectly as a video (some decoders have that flaw).

When using "Add Image" in VideoMeld, you can hold the Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple images rather than adding them one at a time.
mikez006

Post by mikez006 »

Dragging multiple images didn't work.
I removed the decoders folder in programdata and that didn't work either.

It seems all my images end with JPG, but if I rename an image to jpg (lowercase) I can then drag drop that image without any error.

Is there any work around to this or do I need to figure out how to rename all my image files?
2leftfeet

Post by 2leftfeet »

All my images except one folder had the ".jpg" suffix and I can drop all of them into Videomeld like you can without any trouble. The images with the ".JPG" suffix will not drag and drop. After renaming them It all worked. It looks as if there is something not quite right with Videomeld, but you can use the "add an image" button and select your picture and "open".
Hope you don't have to rename all your images - what a job :(
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'll look into that for the next update. In the command prompt, you can use the command "rename *.JPG *.jpg" to fix the suffix for all files in the current folder.