No Sound

VideoMeld discussions and community help
joeg123

No Sound

Post by joeg123 »

Okay, I posted this earlier but thought I figured it out so I reposted this question. I can't hear any audio when using play-from-here or play-from marker. However, play-all works. It seems that if your audio source file gets moved and you re-attach it, this problem comes up. I had saved a backup of the project and put all the files back in place. I opened it and those play commands now work fine. But the updated project does not play. Any thoughts? Also, what is the best way to move a project and files? I notice the select-new-folder option when the project opens and can't find a file is funky and the browse-for-folder dialog popup window will disappear or just not work at all. I'm using the latest version of Win10 on a 64bit Toshiba laptop with VideoMeld 1.56.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: No Sound

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The problem may be related to a bug in the calculation of the marker or mouse position. If your display is using a higher DPI setting (text size > 100%), try setting it back to 100% temporarily to see if things work more consistently. Or try entering the marker position using Edit | Move Marker.

As for moving a project, VideoMeld prompts you for the folder where the file is now located. I'm not sure why the dialog would disappear. Perhaps it be getting behind the main window somehow (which it shouldn't). You could try making the main window smaller before opening the project so that it does not cover it.
joeg123

Post by joeg123 »

okay will try that. I'll also make a closer note of anything that might trigger the bug.
joeg123

Post by joeg123 »

it's an issue with WAV files. if I change the project source file locations, it prompts me for the new location. after that, the sound is no longer heard (except for playing all from the start). even re-adding a track or audio doesn't work. I used an MP3 and the problem went away.