auto cue

GoldWave general discussions and community help
itink2

auto cue

Post by itink2 »

im doing some sampling ok .......... i recorded my content , i maximized my audio ....... i ran a reduction of silence , auto cue just seems seriously primitive in programming it will not at all with any setting place a cue point at any point of real silence at all ........ like at the end of any actual silence in this file ,no disrespect maybe it does work but then again maybe it dont ,im sampling from a hardware module
raygrote

Re: auto cue

Post by raygrote »

itink2 wrote:i ran a reduction of silence
This may be your problem. Auto cue needs silences to figure out where to place cue points. I recommend keeping the silence while using auto cue. If you need to remove silence between samples, you might want to split the files and trim them individually, perhaps with auto trim.

What settings did you try for auto cue? I've not had any trouble with it. If you're sampling from a hardware module, you might have some noise in the recording, so you will have to adjust the silence threshold to be louder than the noise. IIRC there is also a minimum separation between cues setting, and if that is too high, then some silences will be skipped over. If your file is shorter than the minimum separation, it's possible that no cue points will appear at all, hence why you can't get it to work.
I'd need more detail about the settings you tried before I can begin to figure out what's going on.
itink2

Post by itink2 »

there is .20 seconds of pure silence between each sample
itink2

Post by itink2 »

is there a limit on how many cue's that can be placed ....? could that be the problem..??
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Seems to be working correctly for me. I used "Mark Silence" with a threshold of -40dB, a minimum length of 0.1s and minimum separation of 1. All the 0.2s silences were found and marked. Perhaps you forgot to select the entire file first.