Cue points list edition: line break?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Piteur

Re: Cue points list edition: line break?

Post by Piteur »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Make sure you re-download a fresh copy of GoldWave that contains the corrected language files.
How, please? Thanks
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Just download a new copy from the website. The fr.lang file included with the program should be exactly 322,686 bytes.
Piteur

Post by Piteur »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Just download a new copy from the website. The fr.lang file included with the program should be exactly 322,686 bytes.
New download this morning. Exactly the same size as the previously downloaded file (13,840,672 bytes, version 6.2.0.0). Forgive me, but I don't see how such a re-download would provide a solution.

fr.lang file = 322,685 bytes! Doesn't work, actually!

I switched the language to German, restarted, re-switched the language to French, restarted, and now I have an interface in... English again!

For information, after switching to German, I have a message in German telling me that I need to restart; the same operation with French results in a message in English.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You still have the non-corrected download. You'll need to clear your browser's cache and download it again or download it in a different browser. Also delete all copies of the current download first.
Piteur

Post by Piteur »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:You still have the non-corrected download. You'll need to clear your browser's cache and download it again or download it in a different browser. Also delete all copies of the current download first.
I am absolutely delighted! Not only was Goldwave able to switch to French, but I also learned something: the cache plays a role in the download by storing the corresponding address, creating, as I experienced (!), a confusion between an old version and a new version of the same file (same name, same address).

Frankly, it amazes me, because the download was going well, with a normal time of completion!

Thank you for your patience in helping me. :)