Input selection Scarlett 18i20

GoldWave general discussions and community help
djjack

Input selection Scarlett 18i20

Post by djjack »

Hello,
I have a Scarlett 18i20 sound card, 2nd generation. I recently needed to record a microphone from input 3, which is from the back. I'm used to uploading to GoldWave and editing it. Unfortunately, GoldWave writes "no input signal". I tried all sorts of settings, but in vain. I searched for the Focusrite website and there I found an article on Audacity when the program detects only the first two entries. It was already clear to me that it would be a stable.
So my question is.
Is it possible to set the input option in GoldWave?
Will it be in the future?

Thank you. 8)
DougDbug

Re: Input selection Scarlett 18i20

Post by DougDbug »

I don't know... I know GoldWave can handle 7.1 or 7.1 channel surround files, but I don't know if it can record more than 2-channel stereo (probably channels 1 & 2 on your interface).

Is there some kind of control-panel application with the Focusrite interface that allows you to configure/assign channels?

You may need a full multi-track DAW. Cakewalk is now FREE so it's probably worth a look. REAPER is only $60 USD.
djjack

Post by djjack »

As a DAW, I use FL Studio and everything goes as it should. In the IN and OUT menus, I see everything that the sound card offers and I can choose as I like. Yes, the card has Focusrite Control, but whatever I set here or in GoldWave, GW writes "no input signal". I plugged the dynamic microphone into input one, then two, and GW immediately indicated the input signal.
I've been used to recording and editing in GW for years. Condenser microphone, I plugged in because it's not visible. To connect to the front inputs, I miss about fifty cm of cable.

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/ ... s-and-OS-X
philmill

Post by philmill »

Is there any update on multi-channel input?

I would like to record more than two channels of input to a stereo output. I see that the focus-rite utility will allow me to enable four inputs, but I cannot get GW to reliably record from the three channels I need.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I think the Focusrite device uses an ASIO driver, which is not supported in GoldWave. The standard Windows driver they provide is very limited in functionality and does not support multichannel recording. You could check the website to see if an updated driver is available or contact their support to see if they have an update in the works.