FR: Filter Frequency and Steepness Shaping

GoldWave general discussions and community help
jpnullnvoid

FR: Filter Frequency and Steepness Shaping

Post by jpnullnvoid »

Hello Chris,

Chiming in with a friendly feature request:
Would it be possible to update the Low/Highpass and Bandpass/stop effects to be dynamically shape-able with an envelope, much like the Pan, Doppler and Shape Volume effects? It would be fantastic if both the frequency and steepness were changeable dynamically.

I'm doing a lot of sound design; especially simulating acoustic objects and environments. I currently use modular software to achieve this, but ultimately have to put the resulting audio into an editor to make a lot of corrections anyway. So, I'm finding I can really do quite a lot of it in GoldWave without relying on other software. Being able to modulate the filters would complete the toolkit. It certainly makes things more convenient and I can do a better analysis of the resulting sound compared with real-world examples in GW.

Anyway, just an idea. Thanks for all you've done with GW so far. It's a great piece of software!

John
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: FR: Filter Frequency and Steepness Shaping

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

We have plans to make the Spectrum Filter dynamic. That would be far more flexible than the bandpass/stop or lowpass/stop filters.
jpnullnvoid

Re: FR: Filter Frequency and Steepness Shaping

Post by jpnullnvoid »

:shock:

Oh, that would indeed be fantastic!

Thank you!