No more alternate codecs?

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
gridsleep

No more alternate codecs?

Post by gridsleep »

I recently installed the latest version of Multiquence 2.5.3 (registered). I had to rebuild my boot drive due to a hardware failure. In my previous platform, I could save an MPEG-2 file from TV video from my ATI All-In-Wonder card, and edit it directly in Multiquence. I don't know if this was due to some change in drivers in ATI or some codec I had installed, or the previous version of Multiquence, but it could directly load MPEG-2. Now I find Multiquence going back to its original problem of not being able to load MPEG-2. Ok, so I'm stuck with MPEG-1, fine. Only, what happened to all the codec choices in Save As Video? Is it due to changes in Window XP SP2? There used to be a couple of dozen codecs to choose from, including the DivX and XviD I had installed. Now, only AVI, WMV, MOV, and MPEG are available, and the latter needs a DLL to be installed. Why are DivX and XviD not showing up as choices, or OGG for that matter? I have all those codecs installed and want to use them. Right now, the MPEG codec creates a 280MB file for five minutes of video. That is unacceptibly large. I can't use Multiquence any more if this is how limited it has become.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: No more alternate codecs?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence does not support MPEG-2 video directly. You'd need to install a software MPEG-2 decoder. The one included with the ATI software is a hardware decoder, which won't work with Multiquence. Some DVD playback programs include a software decoder.

As for the missing codecs, the latest version of Multiquence does things a little differently than the older version. You need to select the AVI file type first, then choose "Save". A list of codecs (including DivX and XviD, if installed) will appear later. The latest version supports saving MOV, WMV, and MPEG file types in addition to all the old AVI codecs (it just shows them later).

Chris
gridsleep

Informative

Post by gridsleep »

Thanks, very much. That does answer my questions. I think I neglected to install the MPEG-2 encoder that I purchased from Ahead for use with Nero Burning ROM. Multiquence still does not load DVD MPG2 video portion after the installation, but it may require a reboot that I cannot perform at this time due to other work. Thank you for helping me to find my error.
gridsleep

Problem solved

Post by gridsleep »

I did not have the correct version of Lame installed. I must have downloaded a different version of Lame after I rebuilt after my recent disk failure. It may have been from a link on your site, but I do not remember for sure. Lame was installed on this new platform. I found the CD on which I stored all the ancillary programs from my last OS installation. I installed that one, Lamewin32, and now I can load those DVD format videos into Multiquence with no problem. Do computers do this just to see how purple they can get our faces to become?
gridsleep

Good MPEG2 Decoder

Post by gridsleep »

I recommend using Moonlight-Elecard MPEG2 Decoder from www.vidlizard.com. It is a free install and instantly allows Multiquence to load full 720x480 Mpeg2 DVD video for editing.
czpzk

Thank! But...

Post by czpzk »

I have installed this decoder, now I can edit DVD file, But I found that the timebase of multiQuence is not 100% accurate after using this, the final Vedio do not show exactly what I saw on the multiQuence, there are about 1-2 seconds bias.

Even I use check it frame by frame, some unseen frame still appear in final vedio after mixing.

My version: 2.52.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Thank! But...

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Try installing the latest version of Multiquence to see if that helps.

Chris
czpzk

test result

Post by czpzk »

I am using ver 2.53 now.

Before I installed this mpeg2 decoder I never do precise editing, it seem no problem at all.

To reproduce this problem, try to copy same section to difference track, slowdown the speed, start at same timebase point, add on difference vedio effect, you will see difference results may appear on the monitor screen, sometime two tracks mix perfectly, some time one track slower than another track, not often but occasional.

Save to video, try load and save immediately, then play first and then save, you may get diffrence result.

My computer is celeron 2.4G with 128m memory, save as DVD format.
bbMPEG version 1.24 Beta 18.
czpzk

share some experient on using moonlight mpeg2 decoder

Post by czpzk »

Hello,

Just to share some experient on using moonlight mpeg2 decoder.

1. After evalution period, logo start dancing and warning message display.
2. Go Elecard.com, purchase a licence (Only $20/=).
3. Install new version, open existing multiquence file, "file length change" warning message display, now I 100% sure about the problem I reported few months ago regarding "timebase not accarate"was cause by moonlight mpeg2 decoder.
4. After installed new version of Elecard mpeg2 decoder, more problem occur, the decorder work very slow even down to 1 frame/second.

5. I need a new mpeg2 decoder to use with multiquence, any suggestion?

I have nero DVD writer installed, how to guide multiquence using this package's decoder?

Thanks