multitrack videoing a song

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
soul&folk

multitrack videoing a song

Post by soul&folk »

I'm looking into this software for one specific use. I've been doing multitrack audio recording. I play a bunch of instruments and I sing and harmonize too. I'd like to make a video where you can see me doing all of the musical parts to one song, all at once.

Can I do this using this program?

I'm thinking the way to do it would be to record the audio as I do now, with my current software and just have someone video me with my camcorder as I'm recording the audio. Then I would synch each video take to the audio .wav track recorded at the same time. Would this work? My camcorder isn't digital - would there be a problem with synchronizing the video with the audio because of that?

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding something here. This is all just theory to me at this stage.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: multitrack videoing a song

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence can combine multiple video files into a single video file. Separate audio files can be synchronized with the video. You would need separate video capture software to convert the camcorder input to a video file before it could be used in Multiquence.

Chris