Minor Bug - big batch of images

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
JeffBTX

Minor Bug - big batch of images

Post by JeffBTX »

If you open Multiquence, and attempt to add a new section, and this section consists of a long directory of images, sometimes the load terminates with an error : "Could not open file! *" (where '*' sometimes appears, and it is a random character(?)).

The "threshold" that causes an error seems to be a list of > than about 100 / 150 / 200 or so images - seems to be somewhat image dependant(?) (by the way I am using just .PNGs)

This should probably be considered a minor bug, there is a workaround, and most people probably don't use Multiquence this way (I am animating RayTraced frames).

The workaround is to only add sections of, say, <100 images at a time (keeping track of what you are doing) until all of the images / frames have been added. (It CAN be annoying if this is what you use Multiquence for, and the animation consists of 500-1000 or more frames).
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Minor Bug - big batch of images

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

That may be a limitation in the Windows "File Open" dialog. Try selecting a long list of files in Windows Explorer and drag-and-drop them onto Multiquence to see if that works better.

Chris
JeffBTX

Thanks!

Post by JeffBTX »

GoldWaveInc: Thanks, that works just fine! (Why didn't I think of that? (knocking myself in the head) Problem is I started as a computer hobbyist circa ~ 1978 or so, and there are times when I "Think Like DOS").

I made a few videos after I read your reply. MOST of the time, I could drag them (the images) to "the right spot" on the track (the absolute beginning). Sometimes I would "miss the mark" a little, but if I dragged the *section of images* leftwords, and double-checked by viewing playback in Multiquence, I could SaveAsVideo okay. Dragging leftwords... a little PAST the left edge of the section... it SEEMS to end up "snapping" to the right spot / absolute beginning, yes? (Is there a better way to do this?)

ONE time, for some reason the resultant video had a "stutter" at the beginning... this was after I "corrected my drop in point" as explained above. Multiquence seemed to have inserted an image (or two or three, hard to tell) that came from *near* the end of the sequence, inserted them BEFORE the first frame. Possibly / probably a fluke.
Kummel

Re: Thanks!

Post by Kummel »

JeffBTX wrote:Multiquence seemed to have inserted an image (or two or three, hard to tell) that came from *near* the end of the sequence, inserted them BEFORE the first frame. Possibly / probably a fluke.
I think that it is a Windows problem, I have the same "disorder" problem when I drag several files whatsoever be the software. The disorder is partly determined by which of the file you handled the batch.
:D
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Thanks!

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you set or drag the edit cursor to the beginning of the track (time zero), then you can drop the group of images on the track header to add them at the very beginning. They are added at the edit cursor's position rather than the mouse's position in that case. That is a bit easier than trying to position the mouse exactly at the very beginning within the track.

Dragging all the sections to the left afterward (even past the track edge) would also move them to the very beginning.

Chris