How do I crop a video segment?

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Yopparai

How do I crop a video segment?

Post by Yopparai »

I am trying to do some green screen composite stuff, and I would like to crop the tracks so that they only have the area inside the green screen. I have been able to use the zoom/pan effect to zoom in on the section I want, and then used the segment properties to resize and position the zoomed segment. The problem is that Zooming and resizing does nasty things to the quality of the video.

Is there a way to just crop the area that I want?
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Not sure about what you are trying to do, but from what I understand, you could create a green image, where a zone is of a pre-defined color for transparency, and you save this video file. Then, in a new project you put the file to crop on the first track and the file just created on the second track, where you ajust the transparency to the best for a regular coverage.
:D
Yopparai

Post by Yopparai »

here is what i was working on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR2a4dtp7Ok
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The zoom/pan effect is currently the only way to crop the video. Unfortunately there is no way to improve the quality with the way Multiquence works right now. The video you are cropping would have to be recorded at a very high resolution and the video settings in Multiquence would have to be set high as well.

Chris
Yopparai

Post by Yopparai »

Cool. I am trying another approach now.

I put the track I want to clip in front of a track with a uniform green jpg. Then using the section properties on the section I want to clip I slide it to the left and up to crop the top and left side. save those two tracks to video.

load the resulting video. put it in front of the green track and use the section props to move it right and down to crop the bottom and right. Save that to video.

Then load the cropped video. Its a number of steps, but it preserves the resolution of the original clip.

Thanks for your response and for a fun program.