Use my handwriting

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Kummel

Use my handwriting

Post by Kummel »

Because there are copyright and licenses issues that seem to disturb my online video hoster, I try to use now my own handwriting instead of installed fonts of my computer for titling. I would know if there is an internal limit of pixels of images used inside multiquence.

Example: If I scroll a text on the bottom of the image, the file is 4000 pixel wide, will mutiquence process all the 4000 pixels as they are or will be some pixels be discarded? I ask the question because my scrolling text (obtained with a combination of size/position/timing/transparency in the picture options, and the zoom/pan for the scrolling) doesn't look as clear as I expected.

Will maybe better be to use several pictures successively to do that rather to try to use a unique very wide picture? But this looks very fastidious, and I would prefer to get the simplest method.
:D
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Use my handwriting

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

It depends on the resolution of the final video when you go to save it. If the final video was set to 640x480, then the images would be scaled down to fit in that resolution. Unfortunately that means that very high resolution images will lose some quality and will not pan/zoom in their original quality. That is something I plan to change in the future.

Copyright free fonts are available. A search on Google should turn up a number of possibilities.

Chris
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

I alreday searched for copyright-free fonts, and the problem is that few have accented letters or special signs, what is an annoyance in many cases: ï å É Œ Å « »

So, meanwhile, I use my handwriting and the advantage to get always the sign I need. Then for the moment, I will divide my long text lines to scroll in several bmp files.

Edit: the pixelation problem is solved: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ukqk ... 0526_sport
Just some legibility improvement needed on some cases, but it isn't related directly to muliquence.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

See the movements of the last text ("Musique rythmique...") at the very end of the video, the pan/zoom effect includes a jerk, and it isn't the first time it does. http://www.dailymotion.com/gloupuniteds ... eitz_sport

How I processed in this case...

My handwriting scanned and processed with flourishes or geometric shapes in colour, then applied a "rotate color" effect in Jasc Animation Shop, saved as AVI 25 fps 1280×960, the file last 5.04 seconds with 126 frames inside. (the 1280*960 format to avoid pixelation)

Then the file inside Multiquence, 9 times in the track1, speed 4.536 (to get a 10 second sequence with the 9 movements and pauses), saved as wmv 1280*960 25 fps VBR 75%

The previous text (to credit the piano music) was made exactly on the same way and the movement is smooth.

I have enough disk space to handle these huge files.

Is there a way to get a regular movement without the jerks?

Here the values of zoom/pan from my scrapbook

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137 ... Image1.gif
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Do you have a direct link to the video file? The site seems to require Flash to play the video.

Does it help if you change the From/To times very slightly under Section | Options or alter the speed slightly?

Chris
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

I have tried to change the value speed 4.5 instead of 4.536, and I have still the same tug.
I have put the original avi file, the mqp project and my resulting wmv in a zip file of 45 Mo (shrinked ten times :shock: ) but I have absolutely no idea on how to transmit that. P2P sites aren't allowed, and the only file sharing sites I know use also Flash.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Please contact me and I'll provide an upload link.

Chris
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

The file credizik.zip is uploaded.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I can see the "twitching" you mentioned in the WMV video.

Unfortuantely the rythme.avi file would not open on my computer. I replaced it with a working video of the same length. However when I previewed playback, the "twitching" was gone. I'm wondering if there may be a problem with the AVI file itself.

Chris
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

This problem influnced my work, now my titling has also an underwater movement, to make the twitching (thanks, I really didn't know how to name that in English) less visible. It looks more artistic now. 8)

Having again this problem (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't), I renamed the RGB uncompressed avi file, opened it in Animation Shop and encoded it again in avi with a X-Vid compression set to 1000 (best quality less compression) under the old name. No warning from Multiquence, and the jump seemed to have disapeared, at least this time.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

New update about the cause of the problem.

When Animation Shop generates an effect at 30 fps, frames have a timing of 0.03 seconds and some of them 0.04 second. If I give the same timing for all frames, the shake doesn't occur in uncompressed AVI.
Also, in X-vid mpeg-4 compression, there are some jpeg-like artifacts, a bit annoying for transparency, but in this case, the encoding is completely independent from the original length of each frame.