Merging sections/projects, copying/undoing faders

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
harakan

Merging sections/projects, copying/undoing faders

Post by harakan »

Hi,

I have been trying out Multiquence, and have generally been very impressed but have been unable to figure out whether a couple of things are possible:

1) Is it possible to merge two consecutive sections together? e.g. I split a video section into two for easier editing (gives me a way to quickly skip to the beginning of a scene), but later find I put the split in the wrong place. Can I recombine the sectione together without using "undo" (as I would have done other things since the split)?

2) Can I merge two projects together? i.e. add all the tracks (including fade graphs etc.) into another project, so that I can work on two different multi-track scenes and then use Multi to merge them together without having to export to a video file (and hence have yet another encode/decode phase with its associated quality issues)?

3) Is it possible to copy a fader graph from one track to another? Or between sections? e.g. to have the audio track fade at the same time as the video track? This would be very handy to save manually copying tens or hundreds of fade operations between the tracks...

Thanks for a great product!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Merging sections/projects, copying/undoing faders

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There is no way to join split sections back together later. You'd need to delete the sections and add the original file again.

To merge two projects, open one project, select all sections, use Copy, then open the other project and use Paste.

Fade graphs cannot be copied between sections, but a form of graph storage and retrieval is planned for the future.

Chris
harakan

Post by harakan »

For merging sections back together - are the fade graphs associated with the track or the section? i.e. can I delete the affected sections and add back the original file without losing the fades?

If I copy sections between projects as you suggest do the fades go with them?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The fade graph is stored in the section, so if you delete the section, the graph is deleted with it.

If you copy sections, the graphs are included in the copy.

Chris
Felix

Re: Merging sections/projects, copying/undoing faders

Post by Felix »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:There is no way to join split sections back together later. You'd need to delete the sections and add the original file again.
Alternatively you can just delete the second section then double-click on the first and extend the End time by the duration of the deleted second section. Unfortunately this will also have the effect of resetting the fade graph.