Is there a way to remove the instrumental out of an mp3?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Hosay

Is there a way to remove the instrumental out of an mp3?

Post by Hosay »

Hello everyone :)
I have an mp3 file and i would like to remove the instrumental part of the song and keep ONLY the vocals, is that possible?

Thank You :)
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

Maybe... There is apparently a WinAmp plug-in. Check-out this thread.
Hosay

Post by Hosay »

i meant with GoldWave lol
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The thread explains how to use a Winamp plug-in in GoldWave to do what you want, so it is worth a look.

Chris
Hosay

Post by Hosay »

Thannk You DougDbug and Chris :D
IanA

Post by IanA »

I've been trying to do this as well.

I've obtained reasonable results by doing the following ;

1) Use the DSP_centercut plug in, and choose 'Centercut_mono'. This has been in several other threads.
2) In 'Channel' button, use the 'double vocals' option (I'm not sure this really has any effect other than increasing the volume)
3) Copy some of the instrumental section to the clipboard, then use the 'Noise reduction' feature choosing 'clipboard'. This can be surprisingly effective in removing music and leaving vocals.

Hope this helps.
Hosay

Post by Hosay »

didn't work :(
Thanks
Hosay

Post by Hosay »

IanA wrote:I've been trying to do this as well.

I've obtained reasonable results by doing the following ;

1) Use the DSP_centercut plug in, and choose 'Centercut_mono'. This has been in several other threads.
2) In 'Channel' button, use the 'double vocals' option (I'm not sure this really has any effect other than increasing the volume)
3) Copy some of the instrumental section to the clipboard, then use the 'Noise reduction' feature choosing 'clipboard'. This can be surprisingly effective in removing music and leaving vocals.

Hope this helps.
Ok will try this way :)
Thanks
Hosay

Post by Hosay »

IanA wrote: 3) Copy some of the instrumental section to the clipboard, then use the 'Noise reduction' feature choosing 'clipboard'. This can be surprisingly effective in removing music and leaving vocals.

Hope this helps.
Ok how do i copy only the instrumental part of the song?
IanA

Post by IanA »

Left click and drag to select the instrumental part, then choose 'Edit/copy' which will copy your selection to the clipboard.
Choose your whole track again with the 'select all' option

Next, choose 'Noise Reduction' and select the 'clipboard' option. The frequencies in the chosen selection will be removed.

You can get different results depending on which instrumental part you choose, and the length of the chosen instrumental part.