make bass, vokal and treble balance

GoldWave general discussions and community help
oeijoeng

make bass, vokal and treble balance

Post by oeijoeng »

Can i do balance bass, vocal and treble with batch processing.
i have several songs that bass is too loud or treble is too loud and i want to make all in balance and i want to do that with batch processing so i can make all my songs balance..

thanks,
jonathan
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

Batch processing will apply the same effects or changes to all files in the batch.

If some files need the bass cut (made less) and some need the treble cut, then batch processing won't work.

PN
jdeligiannis

Post by jdeligiannis »

You could try the following:

1. Take your original song file and select the "Equalizer" option. On it, you will see 7 frequency bands (60Hz, 150Hz, 400Hz, 1000Hz, 2400Hz, 6000Hz, 15kHz). Increase the utmost left band all the way up and all the others all the way down, and process the settings. If the outcome is overamplified, then "Undo" the effect, select the "Change Volume" option, and lower the volume to a point where processing the frequency settings won't give you an overamplified sound. You might need to do some trial and error before you get it right. Once you get it right, copy the outcome of the frequency settings and "Paste New," and now click "Undo." You will now have 2 sound files, one will be the original sound, and the other will be a 60Hz version of the original sound.

2. Now do the same thing, except this time lower the 60Hz band, and increase the one right next to it, the 150Hz. Do this process with all 7 bands, and at the end, you will have 8 total files. One will be the original sound, and the others will be an xHz version of that sound, where "x" represents one of the 7 frequency ranges.

3. Once you have a copy of each frequency range, select the "Maximize Volume" option and change the volume to "-5.00" on the 7 frequency files. You might want to select a dB other than "-5.00," which is fine, but keep in mind that all 7 files should have the same dB and that dB should be kind of low.

4. Now it's time to do a mixdown. You can mix each of the frequency ranges into each other. Since the dB levels are practically the same on each frequency range, the outcome of mixing all together will give you a more balanced sound and feel. If you still have a problem, say the bass is too loud, the mix the 60Hz file at a dB lower than all the others. Play around with it until you get a good mixdown.

TIP: Before you process each frequency range and do a mixdown, it might be wise to start the process with a 10 second clip of the original sound. This way you will get a feel of the procedure and processing time will be much shorter.

TIP: Once you have all 7 band frequencies as their own tracks, save them. It is a long process, and if you were to have a power-outage, get bored, or have Goldwave crash on you, you could save yourself a load of trouble.

I hope this process was helpful to you. If it is too advanced or long and boring, maybe you could select the "Parametric EQ" on the original sound, select the preset "Bass boost" and then in the "Gain (dB)" bar, go down to a % lower than 100. That will reduce bass in the song. You can reduce treble too, using virtually the same technique. Simply select the preset "Teble boost" instead, and do the same thing from there.

-John
Jossse

Post by Jossse »

wow thx for the help xD