Backing Up Settings

GoldWave general discussions and community help
lasagwa

Backing Up Settings

Post by lasagwa »

I notice that GoldWave saves its user settings for effects, proccessing, default file formats, etc. to the Window XP registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GoldWave\Goldwave). Is there a way to back up these settings other than exporting the registry key(s)? Many users may not know how to do this and are vulnerable to loosing all this, often time consuming, data in the event of a system crash and/or a re-installation of GoldWave. Thanks.
Don
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Backing Up Settings

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Use Start | Programs | GoldWave | GoldWave Setup in the latest version to display the GoldWave Setup Options window. It has a button to save all settings to a file. The settings can be restored from the file later.

Chris
lasagwa

Backing Up Settings

Post by lasagwa »

If I install the latest version over my current installation, ie. without uninstalling my current version (v5.12), will my settings remain? I've exported the reg keys just to be safe. Thanks again.
Don
Togglehead

Post by Togglehead »

yes they should

they did for me
Jossse

Re: Backing Up Settings

Post by Jossse »

lasagwa wrote:If I install the latest version over my current installation, ie. without uninstalling my current version (v5.12), will my settings remain? I've exported the reg keys just to be safe. Thanks again.
yes... be sure of that :wink: