Saving files as loops

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Big Two

Saving files as loops

Post by Big Two »

Hi! I have used Goldwave for a while now. I would like to know how to loop a selected area of sound in a file. I can easily loop it in the program, but I can't loop it outside of the program. For instance, I use Half-Life Sound Selector and play the saved sound, but it only plays it once and stops. How do I save it as an actual never-ending loop? Thanks!
Big Two

Hello?

Post by Big Two »

Is anybody there?
Big Two

Hello?

Post by Big Two »

HELLO???? :( can't you help
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

I don't think GoldWave can do that. You could create a new file with sound repeated 10 times, but the file would be 10 times as long. I assume it's usually up to the playback-program to loop the sample. (I seem to recall something in the WAV spec that specify a loop, but I don't know the details, and I don't know of a program that can set that "flag".)
HELLO???? can't you help

Is anybody there?
Please be patient... This is forum or a "bulletin board", not a "chat-room". When someone signs-on and they read your post, they will try to help if they can.
Stiiv

Post by Stiiv »

Doug, as usual, is correct. There's no way to make a wav file loop over & over independently; that is, on its own. Looping is a function of whatever program you're using to play the file, rather than the file itself.

Re: waiting for help on forums - a good rule of thumb is to wait at least a whole day or so before "bumping" your own post. That's considered proper etiquette on any forum, pal, not just here.
Stiiv