Seamlessly join mp3??

GoldWave general discussions and community help
dpriest

Seamlessly join mp3??

Post by dpriest »

Please forgive me if this post is redundant, but I wasn't sure if someone read my reply to my other post. Here is what I am looking to do, but am having trouble doing.

I am talking about a mixed, seamless album of nonstop trance music called Traqnceport where Paul Oakenfold mixes 11 tracks into each other. The entire album is such that each track seamlessly mixes into the next track for over an hour lf continuous, nonstop music.

I do not have the cd, but downloaded the album which consists of 11 mp3 tracks. When I join the mp3 files back together using Goldwave or mp3 surgeon, and replay the joined track, there is a slight skip at the point where the tracks are joined. Is there any way to correct this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Stiiv

Post by Stiiv »

Sure! Here's how I'd do it: I'd load each file into GW, carefully trim the gaps at the start & end of each mp3, save each track as a 16-bit/44100 wav file, then use GW's File Merger tool to combine the resulting files (in the proper order) into one big wav...then I'd burn that to a cd.

I'm sure there are other methods, but the above has worked for me for many years.
Stiiv
dpriest

Post by dpriest »

That did the trick. I noticed if I do not first trim each track, the merged track has a glitch at the merged areas. But all it took was trimming just .2 seconds off each track and the merged file then plays without any tick or glitch.

Thank you.