Importing .VOB - Cuts a Bunch out

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Cooper

Importing .VOB - Cuts a Bunch out

Post by Cooper »

Ok... so here's the best detail of what I'm doing.

I got a guide that told me to grab GoldWave to split my audio from a DVD.

So I grab the program to rip the Audio called DVD Decrypter, follow all instructions and I get a 1.2GB file from my DVD.

I then open the VOB file that DVD Decrypter made in GoldWave and start placing the markers to each track so I can cut it apart.

Problem.... When I imported the VOB file, it only got 58 minutes of the audio, while there's actually a total of 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Even stranger, at the end of the last "good track" at about 54 minutes, it cuts through, past 14 songs to the second last one.

So I've got a complete concert I'm cutting up into seperate tracks. I get to "Track 10" and it ends at about 54 minutes where it then cuts immediatley to the second last song of the concert wich is almost an hour after the 54 minute mark, and the total length of the audio file is only 58 minutes.

Do I need to use something better for extracting the audio from the DVD?

Hope that wasn't too confusing :)
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

In most countries, it's illegal to "crack" copy protection, so we don't discuss that here.

Note that GoldWave is stereo only, so if you've got 5.1 channel audio, GoldWave may not open the file correctly. (From your playing-time and file size, I think you have stereo LPCM.)

When all else fails, you can always hook-up your DVD player's audio output to line-in and make an "analog" recording. That's not generally illegal (for personal use).

You can try using SUPER or AoA Audio Extractor (both FREE!!!) to extract the audio to a WAV file. (I've used SUPER, but I've never used AoA Audio Extractor.)

For non-encrypted DVDs, I simply import the DVD into Corel Video Studio ($100 USD) and use it to create a WAV file.

P.S.
XRECODE (also FREE!!!) is another program the can extract (and convert) audio from an A/V file.
mathyou9

Post by mathyou9 »

Generally speaking, there are multiple VOB files contained on a video DVD. When played back on your computer or in a DVD player, the multiple VOB file segments are seamlessly played together as if one big video file.

My gut reaction is to say this is the issue at hand; i.e., you appear to be opening a single VOB and are leaving the others VOBs on the backburner. But since I can't see the file structure of your DVD, I have no way to verify if my hypothesis is correct.
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

Never state WHERE your data came from....just that you have it...k?

Goldwave is not the proper tool for handling VOB's. You need to merge your VOB's to a single one...then use a program to demux the file from vob. TMPGENC is a good smple program wit simple demux tools.

However, what you do after that is beyond out support.