recording problems

GoldWave general discussions and community help
coonsanders

recording problems

Post by coonsanders »

hi
i seem to be having issues.i made my first cd and all is well but still im having some issues.this is the procedure...i put the
record on the turntable and look 4 the highs and adjust it from that.i hit new and gIve lenth as 400.then i record the record
and save it with the title into my documents.then i do this 4 all the records.then i edit them and put them into mp3 files and
send them onto my desk topthen i burn them to a cd.the end result has been too long between the songs and the songs did
not play in order.i played one song the fiest one then for some reason it would play the last song on the cdim not what the problems are here.any suggestion?thanks.

lenny
mathyou9

Re: recording problems

Post by mathyou9 »

Would you mind making some clarifications?

When you say you burned to CD, did you make an audio CD (that will play in any standalone CD player; i.e., 80 minutes of music) or did you burn the MP3s themselves to a data (or "jukebox") CD (to be played on your computer or MP3-compatible CD/DVD player)?

>the end result has been too long between the songs ...

Do you mean there's too much silence between songs? I'm not sure I follow what you mean.

---

Anyway, if this were something that I'd be doing, First I'd record the entire record. Then I'd add cue points in between the songs, naming each cue point as "01 [song title]" for the first song, "02 [song title]" for the second song, etc. And then "us[ing] cue name for filename" I'd split the sound into multiple files. With the numerical prefix, whether burned to an audio CD or a data CD, the files would always be in numerical (proper) order.
coonsanders

Post by coonsanders »

hi
i saved the tracks to my computer and to test the drive i got the same results.i recorded 4 tracks in wave files and the end result was to much silence between the songs...all of a sudden it just happened.i did make a couple of cds with no gaps but
this problem happened all of a sudden.sometimes the drive doesnt "feel"any cds in it.i thought it was the cd burner software
itself so i tried various softwares with the same end result.

lenny

ps im burning them as regular cds not data cds
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Some CD burning programs add 2 seconds of silence between each track.

If you notice that the silence is even longer than that, then you may have to remove any leading and trailing silence from the tracks (either using "AutoTrim" or by manually selecting the silence and deleting it). Try playing the file in GoldWave and listen for any leading and trailing silences until playback stops. If there isn't any, then the silences are caused by the CD burning software.

Chris
coonsanders

Post by coonsanders »

thanks mr chris
]
lenny