trimming both front and back of a song

GoldWave general discussions and community help
coonsanders

trimming both front and back of a song

Post by coonsanders »

hi
which is the best wat to do this?i tried auto trim or regulare trim and i cant figure it out.is there art to it?

coonsanders
mathyou9

Re: trimming both front and back of a song

Post by mathyou9 »

You probably will have to zoom in and manually select the part you want to delete. That's how I've always done it.

At the beginning of a song, I usually leave about 0.3 to 0.5 sec. of silence. At the end of a song, I usually leave about 2.0 to 3.0 seconds of silence.

Even though the audio file is padded with half a second of silence at the start and a couple seconds of silence at the end, it's not true digital silence. So I always fade-in the brief silence at the start and fadeout the silence at the end.
coonsanders

Post by coonsanders »

thanks math i never did this type of trimming before....maybe a little but not this much.lol

lenny

ps i just tried this zoom in thing and it helps alot..thanks
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The Edit | AutoTrim command in recent versions of GoldWave will do that automatically in most cases (provided the silence is really silence an not crackle/pop noise).

Chris
coonsanders

Post by coonsanders »

thanks again mr chris

lenny
coonsanders

Post by coonsanders »

xiaohong..

what the hell r you talking about?

lenny
Nigga 4 Life

Post by Nigga 4 Life »

Lenny, that is nothing but a now reported spammer.

Open the file and press CTRL+T to return the AutoTrim command. Set the threshold to -90dB, silence to 0.000 if you want no silence and the radio button to both leading and trailing silence. Setting the threshold to -90dB will ensure every single trace of silence will be trimmed because silence below that level is just unreal. Not even the person with the most acute hearing can hear even half as low. Setting the other to 0.000 will ensure you will have no silence after the effect has been applied. If you want silence specify a different value. The radio buttons are self-explanatory.