Goldwave 64-bit version performance

GoldWave general discussions and community help
johnbarnes

Goldwave 64-bit version performance

Post by johnbarnes »

Since moving from the 32-bit implementation of Goldwave (I have version 5.70) to the latest 64-bit implementation (I have version 6.21), I have noticed that the program is much more sluggish when editing. After cutting/pasting or showing a different waveform selection, updating the screen takes much longer than I am used to. This is so bad that I am no longer using 6.21 and have reverted to 5.70.

Is there something I can change in order to improve the performance of version 6.21?

Thanks,
John
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Goldwave 64-bit version performance

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The slow performance is most likely related to the video driver. Make sure you have the latest driver from the manufacturer (Windows Update does not always get the latest driver).
Michael REMY

Re: Goldwave 64-bit version performance

Post by Michael REMY »

johnbarnes wrote:Since moving from the 32-bit implementation of Goldwave (I have version 5.70) to the latest 64-bit implementation (I have version 6.21), I have noticed that the program is much more sluggish when editing. After cutting/pasting or showing a different waveform selection, updating the screen takes much longer than I am used to. This is so bad that I am no longer using 6.21 and have reverted to 5.70.

Is there something I can change in order to improve the performance of version 6.21?

Thanks,
John
did you change yor computer or just reinstall the OS in 64bits on the same hardware ?
what is your screen resolution ? if your screen resolution is very big, maybe goldwave x64 is not well managed , but win10 x64 (i don't know about win8) fixed that. i'm under win7 x64, and i have not experience in big resolution.