little bugs in CUE dialog editor window

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Michael REMY

little bugs in CUE dialog editor window

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

i use the 6.21 release on win7 x64.

As goldwave x64 still does not care about APE file format, i continue to use goldwave 32 bits 5.x to edit my APE file. So i figured my 2 bugs was also appenned on 32bits and 64 bits versions.

so,

in the dialog window of CUE editor, when you start to play the music with the little button PLAY, it still goes on when you close the dialog window (whereas the playing should stop as you leave the window)

I changed the timestamp of a cue moment song and close the dialog window. Then i chose to save my update, then i hit the SAVE icon button. Goldwave does not update-save the .CUE but it saved sound file ! so once i close goldwave, i lost my cue changes !
Even, when you close goldwave after having edited the cue infos, Goldwave propose you to save something, but it is not the cue file at all, it only detect the sound file change (whereas i did not change a bit in it !!!).

ps : after that i discover there is a export button to SAVE the cue file, but it remains a bug because goldwave should not update-save the soundfile at all when i update the cue infos.

Best regards

Mike
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: little bugs in CUE dialog editor window

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'll look into stopping playback when the cue window is closed.

For many file types, the cue information is saved directly in the sound file. No separate cue files are created for types that support cue points. You'll need to use Import/Export for those types.

For file types that do not support cue points, the information has to be stored externally in a cue file. Make sure the "Automatically import and export cue file" option is checked in Options | Storage. If that isn't checked, a cue file is not saved.