Pre-sales question: record song snippets from Spotify?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
smmbe

Pre-sales question: record song snippets from Spotify?

Post by smmbe »

Hello Goldwave!

I love the trial edition that I have been trying out, just fantastic.

I want to pay for the full version to help me with a personal project, but I am wondering if this is possible with Goldwave:

I am a Spotify user and my Spotify has about 800 songs that are the favorites of all of my life so far.

I want to "trim" out 25 second snippets of many of these songs, upload them to a service like soundcloud, and then share them with friends and on social media.

For the record, the music industry allows this as long as the "snippets" are under 30 seconds and that this is for personal use. Soundcloud further supports this by not banning mainstream music recordings that are over 30 seconds in length.
I like to use 25 seconds instead of 30 to be even more safe.

So my question is, will it be possible for Goldwave to record the music coming through the soundcard when a song is being played by Spotify, so I can then use Goldwave to create my 25 second snippet and save it? With the same great quality that Spotify emits with?

I tried to read the Goldwave docs but can't really see if this is possible or not.

Looking forward to your reply, many thanks!
smmbe
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Pre-sales question: record song snippets from Spotify?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You can use the LOOPBACK recording device in GoldWave or see the "Recording Streaming Audio" section in the GoldWave help.
smmbe

Post by smmbe »

Thanks!

If I buy Videomeld, does that also include all the audio features and tools that Goldwave has?
2leftfeet

Post by 2leftfeet »

You do not need to purchase Videomeld for what you wish to do, Goldwave is more than enough for your purposes. Just make sure that you do not record at a too high level, If you make the record level about 30% (or whatever) of maximum and when you have selected your snippet, use the "maximise volume" feature and set it to 90%. Use the drop down menus - options - window and select update settings so that when you use the "maximise volume" button, it will remember the setting you prefer. Enjoy!
smmbe

Post by smmbe »

Thank you I really appreciate that tip!!

The reason I was asking about Videomeld is that I am wanting to explore video editing also.

So if I buy Videomeld, will it have all the tools and features of Goldwave, for those time when I only do audio projects on Videomeld, like the Spotify thing mentione above?

Thanks in advance,
2leftfeet

Post by 2leftfeet »

With Goldwave, you can manipulate sounds, like alter the audio level, make changes to the tone, edit out unwanted sections and much more. Spend some time trying out the various tools, but before youu do, make a copy of the audio. Easy to do in Goldwave, just go -"ctrl+c" and then "ctrl+p" which will open the wavefile in another window. You can also use the toolbar buttons to copy and past into a new window. Now experiment with the copy.
Videomeld cannot do these kinds of alterations, it is for making videoshows or slide shows, not altering sounds. You can alter the position of the various files, like putting an audio or video file in one track and another in a new track and mixing them or fading one track into another simply by highlighting one file with the mouse and use the "Fade" graph by dragging it with the mouse. Use the "F7" key to make the fade graph appear. There is much more to all of this, be patient and read the help files and when you get a headache, have a coffee!! and start all over :D
smmbe

Post by smmbe »

Perfect, I'm off to but my Golwave license. Thanks!
Doyleterry

Post by Doyleterry »

will it be possible for Goldwave to record the music coming through the soundcard when a song is being played by [ad deleted]?
Last edited by Doyleterry on Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

Yes. Read above!

But note that it's a copyright violation and a violation of your Spotify agreement. If they wanted you to have a copy they would give you a "download" button.

The artist gets a fraction of a penny every time you stream a song, but they get nothing once you've stolen it.

If you buy an MP3 or CD the performer and the songwriter both get 5-10 cents per song.
TomHowell

Post by TomHowell »

That's very simple if you use the Mod APK versions with many of the latest features at https://modilimitado.io/en