End to Beginning looping/wrap-around query

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Alibu

End to Beginning looping/wrap-around query

Post by Alibu »

Hello fellas,

I thought that I would be able to solve this issue with some research and trial and error, but have resorted to the forums and have not found a post that provided a solution.

ISSUE:
Looping a playback section and auditioning the wrap around is fair enough if the selection is short, but I am unable to cut to the chase with larger (30+ second) selections by using the playback marker on the timestrip. It just seems to play to the end of the selection and stop.

It is, of course, inconvenient to have to audition the whole clip/selection in order to just hear the wrap around. What is the trick here?

Regards,

Alibu
2leftfeet

Re: End to Beginning looping/wrap-around query

Post by 2leftfeet »

Maybe when you have selected the clip to play, hit the "F11" key and you will see in the "play" options area in this drop down window where that you can choose to loop play the selection as many times as you want by clicking the box. On my machine,I have set the "play 2" option to loop play the unselected section. while this is happening, you can carefully move the highlighted end markers so as to cut out the unwanted piece of audio. When it how you want it, just delete the highlighted section. It is a good idea to make a copy of your project so you do not mess up the original. Hope this helps.