Mouse Wheel stuck on scrolling

GoldWave general discussions and community help
NetReamer

Mouse Wheel stuck on scrolling

Post by NetReamer »

I've got a problem with the function of my mouse wheel. I want it to zoom in and out, but it's stuck scrolling. I've had this issue before and eventually found the problem, but can't find it now. I am able to click the wheel and select between the 4 functions and the radio button showing the selection changes in the menu, but the function doesn't change and it always just scrolling. Any ideas?

This is the same mouse and computer I've had for years. I've rebooted the machine and unplugged and re-plugged in the mouse with no change.

I'm not sure if this issue came with a software version update or not, but I've tried older versions and the issue is still there.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Wheel stuck on scrolling

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You'd click the wheel button (or middle mouse button) to display a menu to change what the wheel does.
NetReamer

Re: Mouse Wheel stuck on scrolling

Post by NetReamer »

Well, after a bunch of time had passed I went to use Goldwave again today (having forgotten I had this problem) and it was somehow back to working as it should.

Thanks for the reply, but I had been using the pop-up menu from the wheel button, but the changes made via that menu did nothing (except change the radio button next to my selection). Anyway, it's working again now and I've no idea what's changed in the last few weeks to make it good again.