Generally, thanks for the app, especially for keeping a lot of features and options instead of sacrificing them to contemporary UI dogmas.
Here's my feedback:
- Whenever I open the app, I get a spoken message: "Sorry, accessibility is not available in the Mobile version of GoldWave, yet." This is strange as I did not request/configure anything to that effect. Also, the app apparently uses the device's voice output without checking the language, and as I currently have my phone set to German, the English sentence is pronounced with a heavy German accent.
- When I move the slider modifying output speed at the bottom right, after a short distance the whole app/screen moves. Could be because I set my phone to use gestures instead of displaying the three navigation icons at the bottom. When this happens and I tap into the waveform to set the playback position, the playback speed is set to the lowest possible setting, as if the system-level effect had interrupted the speed setting in a way that left it 'hanging on', only to react to the next available tap into the app.
- The manual takes some getting used to: When opened, it appears as a record-breaking document without navigation except a lot of scrolling. This appears better after scrolling up exposes the table of contents. Still, at least in horizontal orientation, it would be nice to permanently see the nav tree next to the document, collapsed to the top levels by default.
- Instead of pressing the three-dot-diamond repeatedly, I'd suggest varying the UI configuration by dragging it (or the whole bar with the time) up or down.
- I'm used to be able to swipe apps out of my switching list (or whatever it is called) without losing any data, as they usually keep track of their state, e.g. Docs always saves instantly, Chrome remembers its tabs etc. – When I do this with GW, the content gets killed along with the app, which is not so nice.
- Once, when tapping into the waveform to set the playback position, I was shown one of those errors that name a memory address, but the app kept running.
- Another time, when I tried changing the speed, the app just exited – but it could be that this was a late effect of the previous error.