bug amplitude stats crashed the program when i select a tiny portion of audio

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Sara

bug amplitude stats crashed the program when i select a tiny portion of audio

Post by Sara »

hi
there is a bug
if i select a very short part of audio , doesn't matter audio format , in my case flac , and use amplitude stats , this cause the program crashed

test on w10 64bit , last update and 1809

could be tested and fixed , thanks
merry xmas

Goldwave Lover ♥ ♫
2leftfeet

Re: bug amplitude stats crashed the program when i select a tiny portion of audio

Post by 2leftfeet »

Just tried it here and it seems that anything less than 0.4 second goes wrong. I wonder if it is because there is not enough information for the tool to work on? Anyway enjoy the Xmas break and do not over-indulge🎶
Sara

Re: bug amplitude stats crashed the program when i select a tiny portion of audio

Post by Sara »

2leftfeet wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:44 pm
Just tried it here and it seems that anything less than 0.4 second goes wrong. I wonder if it is because there is not enough information for the tool to work on? Anyway enjoy the Xmas break and do not over-indulge🎶
hi
maybe we will get an update for Xmas
thanks to you too ♫♫♫
Goldwave Lover ♥ ♫
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

Chris (GoldWave's developer) is the only one who can answer this, but "loudness" is related to the duration of the sound so it does take some time to get a meaningful result.

I did some quick research about LUFS and I dug up this:
- gating of 400 ms blocks (overlapping by 75%), where two thresholds are used:
– the first at −70 LKFS;
– the second at −10 dB relative to the level measured after application of the first threshold.
I agree that GoldWave could give a more elegant error/warning message.
Sara

Post by Sara »

DougDbug wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:24 pm
Chris (GoldWave's developer) is the only one who can answer this, but "loudness" is related to the duration of the sound so it does take some time to get a meaningful result.

I did some quick research about LUFS and I dug up this:
- gating of 400 ms blocks (overlapping by 75%), where two thresholds are used:
– the first at −70 LKFS;
– the second at −10 dB relative to the level measured after application of the first threshold.
I agree that GoldWave could give a more elegant error/warning message.
hi and @GoldWave Inc. @admin
yes , but if i want to check and misure less than 0.4 second , would be great having goldwave crashing

thanks
Goldwave Lover ♥ ♫
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Thanks for reporting the problem. That will be fixed in the next update. However GoldWave will simply display a message that the selection is too short. As DougDbug mentioned, using Amplitude Statistics on a very short selection is not possible. You'll need to use the "Match" effect instead, which uses a simpler algorithm.