does goldwave have the feature to compare 2 tracks ?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Michael REMY

does goldwave have the feature to compare 2 tracks ?

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

i searched into goldwave a feature to compare too tracks and tell me whenever both are the same or different song.

Even if the length is almost the same (difference of less a second), without listen to the tracks, i'd like to know if the files are about the same song or not.

is there a way to to that ?

for the moment, i tile horizontaly both file, i select a part at the same position in the same file and listen carefully....but it takes time and many operations.
Also goldwave does not have a feature to select a part on different opened track on the same time, you need to do it twice and adjust yourself the position. isn't it ?
Also goldwave does not have a feature to "switch" the play (like a dj) between the track 1 and track2....isn't it ?
i might be wrong cause i did not read ALL the help file yet.

Like the procedure to compare picture and find duplicate in image files, maybe goldwave can make a picture comparaison of each graph, reduce it and get a score to tell a propability of duplicate song ?

Thank you for your help and advice.

DougDbug

Re: does goldwave have the feature to compare 2 tracks ?

Post by DougDbug »

You can Mix both tracks together and if they are identical you simply get double the volume.

If they are entirely different recordings you'll hear an actual mix (a blend of both recordings) and probably an echo with the time differences so it should be pretty obvious that they are different recordings..

Or you can Invert one copy and mix. If they are identical they will subtract to dead-silence. And again if they are two different recordings you'll just hear a normal mix.

And identical but slightly-delayed copy will give you comb filter ("phasing") when mixed with the original.

Note that mixing is done by summation so you may get clipping (distortion) unless you reduce the volumes or normalize (Maximize) after mixing,
2leftfeet

Post by 2leftfeet »

Try Videomeld, make two tracks (shift+insert) and put your first music in track 1 and the second in track 2. When you hit the "play" button, both tracks will play together. You can pan one track to the left and the other to the right (effects and pan), makes it much easier to hear what is happening. This is non destructive to the music as well. Does not matter that the music is stereo. (No need to register the program to do this check). Happy New Year
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

GoldWave does not include a correlation calculation, but that is being considered for a future version.
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:03 am
GoldWave does not include a correlation calculation, but that is being considered for a future version.
hi,

thank you all for your responses.

at least, it would be glad to "export" the graph under jpeg ou gif file.
So i could just export both graph as images (with automatize silence reducion at begin & end of track), then i would reduce their resolution to lower then basic image duplicator finder tool could detect a copycat.