Batch Processing a folder containing audio files, sub folders and non audio files

GoldWave general discussions and community help
rbendtzen

Batch Processing a folder containing audio files, sub folders and non audio files

Post by rbendtzen »

Hi.

If I were to batch process a folder containing mostly audio files, but also containing subfolders and non audio files, such as text files, If I were to do a select all command for all the files in a folder to be converted to a specific audio format, will GoldWave just convert the audio files and ignore the non audio files and subfolders?

Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Rob Bendtzen
Tristan

Re: Batch Processing a folder containing audio files, sub folders and non audio files

Post by Tristan »

I think Goldwave would only recognize and process the audio files. But you could run a simple experiment to confirm it; that's what I'd do.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Batch Processing a folder containing audio files, sub folders and non audio files

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

When adding folders, you can specify the file type to process (such as *.wav). If you specify "*.*", GoldWave may try to process non-audio files because some file types could contain audio (such as *.txt files). For non-audio files, GoldWave will display an error in the log.