v6.51 Save after Undo doesn't work

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Irving

v6.51 Save after Undo doesn't work

Post by Irving »

v6.51

Although selected, Save after Undo doesn't work. Save a file and Undo grays out.

Correction: should have said Undo after Save.
Last edited by Irving on Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 1903 - Goldwave 6.51 - Exact Audio Copy 1.5
stephen22

Re: v6.51 Save after Undo doesn't work

Post by stephen22 »

I suspect you mean Undo after Save. The workaround is to use Save Selection as.
Irving

Post by Irving »

stephen22 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:01 am
I suspect you mean Undo after Save....
Mistake noted and corrected. 8)
Irving

Post by Irving »

"Although selected, Undo after Save doesn't work. Save a file and Undo grays out."

Same with 6.52
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

We'll check into it.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Seems to be working in v6.52. Please post if you are still having issues.
BillK

Post by BillK »

Chris - First of all, let us clear the air here and look at this correctly. The Title of the problem is wrong. It should be "Undo after Save doesn't work". I just opened a MP3 file in Goldwave 6.52. Chopped the file in half (went from 4 minutes down to 2 minutes as my example). Clicked SAVE. The UNDO feature is now greyed out, and I cannot retrieve my mistake.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I just tried the same test and the Undo command is working immediately after saving. Make sure "Allow undo after save" is checked under Options | Storage and undo levels is not zero.
BillK

Post by BillK »

Ah, Ha!!! Well, aren't you tricky. I never knew about that setting. I might have expected that kind of thing be be automagically checked, instead of having us track that down. Nevertheless, thanks for pointing that out...
Irving

Post by Irving »

If I could fix the title I would. Undo after Save is greyed out.

And it still doesn't work with 6.52, which now has screwed up smooth theme transition and the led counter won't remain in user position.

As an added bonus, choose the windows dark theme and you get an access violation.

https://i.postimg.cc/m2J2PpZb/Goldwave- ... lation.png

EDIT: going back to 6.51 doesn't fix the moving led counter, so you have to replace the saved modifications file in User>App Data>Roaming>Goldwave
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Irving,
Can you provide the steps you are following to get to the disabled Undo button after save? Are you reloading a file after changing the sampling rate or number of channels? Are you sure the "Allow undo after save" option is checked?

We have not noticed any problems with the Windows Dark theme (we use that regularily). Anyone else having problems with that theme?

We'll check into the LED counter position. I'm guessing you mean it's position in the toolbar?
Irving

Post by Irving »

Anything done, such as volume changes or silence added or equalization and then Save As will grey out the Undo button.

You can see where I favor placing the led counter, which keeps moving to the bottom row next to the Control Window button whenever you open 6.52

During saving:

https://i.postimg.cc/qBm255py/Screenshot-349.png

After saving:

https://i.postimg.cc/2yJb8g5t/Screenshot-350.png

I don't favor the dark theme, (hard on the eyes and don't like after images) but after installing 6.52 I went through all the themes to see if there was anything new, and the dark theme brought up the error. It doesn't do it with 6.51
Irving

Post by Irving »

Damn, this is confusing.

Am using 6.51. Mistakenly selected the "silver" theme last night while researching this problem. Open Goldwave this morning and find the led counter moved. Changed the theme back to the preferred Amethyst Kamri. While typing this I go in and verify what the theme name is, click cancel, and the counter vanishes.

https://i.postimg.cc/t4MpwvbM/Screenshot-354-crop.png

So yet again I have to replace the saved modifications file in User>App Data>Roaming>Goldwave.

To recap, my problems are Undo is greyed out after Save As, and changing themes alters the position of the counter unless I replace the saved modifications file in User>App Data>Roaming>Goldwave.

https://i.postimg.cc/GhjP1NXz/Clipboard01.png
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Currently GoldWave only allows Undo after Save and not Save As. I can see that would be an issue when working with new files because using Save actually requires a Save As to provide a name. We'll look into that to see if Undo can be allowed after a Save As as well. In that case the new filename will likely need to be retained after the Undo.

I'm still not able to duplicate the status visual issue. Changing themes does not cause the visual to disappear. If that happens, try right-clicking on the toolbar and choosing "Reset Toolbar" to see if that helps. Also try choosing the "Undock" button (or Tool | Control) to make the Controls windows appear, then close it again.