akward order or numbering after autocue + custom add

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Michael REMY

akward order or numbering after autocue + custom add

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

i opened a long file.
i use the autocue to detect silence and make the cue sheet.
Then i add myself some other cues (using right-mouseclick contextual menu-bouton on the graph..Add Cue feature)

when i go into the cue dialog box to split my file into files, i noticed the indexes numbers are wrong. and i can't reorder correctly the list.

-indexes are wrong and clicking on the column header does nothing, also clicked on Time does not re-order by time either.
- so i wanted to split and chose another name scheme like the POSITION (as a number) but it is not in the list of choice to put it in the filename...

Best regards

GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: akward order or numbering after autocue + custom add

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The index numbers (and names) are in the order that you added the cue points, but that doesn't matter. The Split File feature always lists and processes cue points in their "position" order (it wouldn't make sense to split them out of order). You'll need to set "Cue naming" to "Time based" in the Auto Cue window. Or do not use "<Cue Name>" in the Split File window and just use "###".
Michael REMY

Re: akward order or numbering after autocue + custom add

Post by Michael REMY »

You'll need to set "Cue naming" to "Time based" in the Auto Cue window.
thank you, i will use this option next time.

but if after the auto-cue, i add other cue, the problem will remain the same isn't it ? at least, in the "display". As you said, in the split process, the "position" matters above all.