Revisiting the Auto-Cue Limit of 500

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Infideluxe

Revisiting the Auto-Cue Limit of 500

Post by Infideluxe »

After using Goldwave for more than twenty years and customizing innumerable audiobooks and lecture series for easy access by seniors, I've finally gained access to this Goldwave forum to ask my burning question, because 20+ years of mild frustration have built up:

Can Goldwave HQ please remove (or raise) the limit on the autocue population?

Many of the audio streams that I process are well over 24 hours long, and 3-minute tracks are the sweet spot for my people.

It's not a huge problem, but I'm not as young as I used to be, and wasting time navigating unnecessary boundaries makes me crazy these days.

From a programmer's perspective I'm absolutely certain that this is an easy fix to make.

Goldwave HQ: How about changing "500" to "5000"? Just add a zero to that constant declaration, and everything would be wonderful.

Your software has always been magnificent. I've spent many, many, many fine hours immersed in it over the decades. Thank you very much!
Infideluxe

Re: Revisiting the Auto-Cue Limit of 500

Post by Infideluxe »

Incidentally, I did search this forum and found a thread that spanned 2004-2009. Nothing since then, I don't think. If I'm mistaken, I apologize if my post was a tired repetition of a frequent conversation.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'll look into that. It may just be an arbitrary limit rather than technical.
Infideluxe

Post by Infideluxe »

Thank you!