can a keystroke increase/decrease playback speed and move left/right more precisely?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Sara

can a keystroke increase/decrease playback speed and move left/right more precisely?

Post by Sara »

Hi

can I ask 2 questions ?

1)
can I edit or create a keyboard keystroke to increase/decrease playback speed ?

2)
can I edit or create a keyboard keystroke move left/right more precisely ?
there is shift+left and shift+right to move left and right
but I would like to be more precisely , for example 0.5 sec , move left or right but about a smaller ammount

thanks
Goldwave Lover ♥ ♫
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: can a keystroke increase/decrease playback speed and move left/right more precisely?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

1) You can use Options | Keyboard to set the keys for the ControlSpeedUp and ControlSpeedDown functions.

2) The amount the left and right markers are moved depends on the current zoom. If you use View | 10 Seconds then the markers are moved in 0.1 second increments. Also you can use Shift+Up for more precision or Shift+Down for less precision.
Sara

Re: can a keystroke increase/decrease playback speed and move left/right more precisely?

Post by Sara »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:23 pm
1) You can use Options | Keyboard to set the keys for the ControlSpeedUp and ControlSpeedDown functions.

2) The amount the left and right markers are moved depends on the current zoom. If you use View | 10 Seconds then the markers are moved in 0.1 second increments. Also you can use Shift+Up for more precision or Shift+Down for less precision.
Hi
Can I assign keyboard keys to move the play marker ? Move backwards and forwards ?
left and right don't work ,
I added to keys at ControlSpeedUp/down
and 2, well It's make sense!!

thanks ,take care
Goldwave Lover ♥ ♫
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Make sure the Auto Scroll Lock or Follow Playback option is checked on the View menu. That is needed to move the playback marker with the keyboard.