Spectrum Filter - Dynamic Mode - What is it?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
petenoak

Spectrum Filter - Dynamic Mode - What is it?

Post by petenoak »

I use Goldwave's Spectrum Filter but I don't quite understand what this new feature, "Dynamic Mode" is or how to use it.

I try to read the Help file and it says something about "Keyframe" points but whatever I try doesn't take hold, mainly because I don't know what I'm doing!

Does "Dynamic Mode" mean that you can apply some filtering for just a set amount of time, and specific passage of music? I already do this by selecting a passage of the waveform, i.e. a beginning and end to a passage of music where I've applied some EQ/Spectrum Filtering.

I'll tell you what I would REALLY like to be able to do: apply EQ/Spectrum Filter ONLY when the musical passage gets above a certain volume level.

pete in oakland, ca.
DougDbug

Re: Spectrum Filter - Dynamic Mode - What is it?

Post by DougDbug »

I haven't used it but it's explained in the help file. It looks like it "fades" the filter effect in-or-out over-time.
I'll tell you what I would REALLY like to be able to do: apply EQ/Spectrum Filter ONLY when the musical passage gets above a certain volume level.
A "Dynamic Equalizer" does that but I've never used one of those either.

Or there are multi-band compressors which sort-of do the same thing and it seems to be more common than dynamic EQ. I don't know if there are multi-band expanders.