Installing Goldwave on non-internet pc

GoldWave general discussions and community help
whatabout

Installing Goldwave on non-internet pc

Post by whatabout »

Hi, I'm interested in trying out Goldwave, on a win 10 desktop pc. It isn't connected to the internet, is there a way that I'm not figuring out to download this and install on said computer? The installer needs an internet connection I think in order to complete the process...
DougDbug

Re: Installing Goldwave on non-internet pc

Post by DougDbug »

No you don't need a connection. Just the installation file (InstallGoldWave654.exe). And then the registration information if/when you buy a license.

I just tried it on a "fresh computer" at work. (You'll want to un-check "check for updates" under Help -> About.)
Hi, I'm interested in trying out Goldwave
If it meets your needs it's a GREAT program! (It doesn't do "everything".) I've been using it for about 20 years and if you spread-out the free upgrades it's been "almost free".
whatabout

Post by whatabout »

Yes, it looks great and I'd love to give it a try, but after downloading the .exe installer and transferring to the other computer I keep getting an error message, something like file incomplete which wouldn't allow me to complete the installation.
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

Is your Windows 10 64-bits? Some older versions of GoldWave run on 32-bits but the current one is 64-bits only. (I forgot how to check if Windows is 32 or 64 bits but you can Google it.)

If you can't get it installed there is a form here that you can use to contact GoldWave's developer directly and he will email you back. (He doesn't seem to visit the forum every day.) Make sure to give him the exact error message. The few times I contacted him, he was very helpful.
I keep getting an error message, something like file incomplete which wouldn't allow me to complete the installation.
On my computer the file size of InstallGoldWave654.exe is 16,480 KB. You do have that exact file, right? And you downloaded directly from GoldWave.com?
whatabout

Post by whatabout »

Win 10 64bit yes. I downloaded directly from this site, but I suspect the file I downloaded was a bit smaller tha that, which would explain the incomplete file error message. It was terribly slow downloading, so I'll try again and check the size. If correct then I'll email the developer as you suggested. Thanks for all your help!