Recording stops after 5 seconds of silence

GoldWave general discussions and community help
noexit

Recording stops after 5 seconds of silence

Post by noexit »

I've been using Goldwave for years and notice a new, unexpected "behavior". I have a scheduled task in Windows 10 that starts Goldwave via a batch file using the command "start "C:\Program Files\GoldWave\Goldwave.exe" -nosplash -new -record". Interestingly now it seems that the recording stops, or actually Pauses after 5 seconds of silence. Further the Level Activated section under Delayed Recording is NOT checked. Is there some other place in the app or in a settings file that would be causing this behavior?

I also notice that, when Goldwave "Pauses" itself, it will resume recording when the sound resumes. Sure acts like Level Activation to me, but again it's not checked.

Thanks for your time and support!
2leftfeet

Re: Recording stops after 5 seconds of silence

Post by 2leftfeet »

Just seen your post. I have seen this pause effect as you described. Did a recording check after installing the new ver 6.55. Seems to be OK now. It did not pause at all with no audio input now. Sometimes odd things happen.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you've selected a LOOPBACK recording device in GoldWave, then recording will pause when no audio is playing. That is a limitation of the LOOPBACK device. One workaround is to create a long silent file in GoldWave and play it, then start a new recording. As long as GoldWave in playing audio, the LOOPBACK device will remain active.
2leftfeet

Post by 2leftfeet »

That explains why I do not have that problem now. Have connected a Samson mixer using it's USB input. Goldwave now records via the PC line input from the mixer which gets it's input via the USB port.