Batch Processing Dilemma

GoldWave general discussions and community help
TinPanFan

Batch Processing Dilemma

Post by TinPanFan »

I'm cleaning and polishing WAV tracks ripped from old homemade CDs I recorded some years ago. The goal is to process the individual tracks then merge them to an mp3 file. There's an issue with the cleanup.

I have some batch processes defined for cleaning the original tracks.
In preparation for step one, I first open track 1, save a noise sample from the lead-in to clipboard, select all files from the CD, then run this batch:
  • Noise reduction, using clipboard sample.
  • Boost midrange (magnified).
  • MaxMatch.
Works a treat - except: even though I close the track 1 file I opened to get the clipboard sample, Goldwave keeps a temp file open, so the batch process skips track 1 for being open and I have to come back and do that one manually. The only way I've found to close that file is to terminate Goldwave, but of course that erases the clipboard data so it's a non-starter.

So my question is: any way to kill that temp file without closing Goldwave?

UPDATE: Never mind, figured it out - and it was bone-simple.
Instead of taking the noise sample from track 1, then opening tracks in Batch, I just open ALL tracks initially, take the track 1 sample, then run the batch for All Open Files.

Let's hear a resounding "DUH!"
Leprechaun

Re: Batch Processing Dilemma

Post by Leprechaun »

duh. Yep, 'at's a goodun. Wanderin' iffen it took yew es long as it woulda tooken me! :lol:

Thanks for the update—a valuable (and not intuitive to some folks) tip and process.
TinPanFan

Re: Batch Processing Dilemma

Post by TinPanFan »

Leprechaun wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:15 am
duh. Yep, 'at's a goodun. Wanderin' iffen it took yew es long as it woulda tooken me! :lol:

Thanks for the update—a valuable (and not intuitive to some folks) tip and process.
Yeah, that's why I risked public scorn and humiliation to document my screwup. I know I appreciate it when someone posts "Look at the dumb thing I did. Don't be like me!" We all tend to learn much more from our mistakes than our successes - and we remember those mistakes a lot longer.