Novice: help with batch processing

GoldWave general discussions and community help
terrypin

Novice: help with batch processing

Post by terrypin »

Could I get help on how to achieve the following please? I have a few hundred music tracks and I want to use batch processing to create at least two different smaller files from each one:
#1. 30 seconds at the start with a 2 second fade-in and 2 second fade-out
#2. 30 seconds at the end with a 2 second fade-in and 2 second fade-out

I suspect that it’s not possible to completely automate a third file?
#3. 30 seconds in the middle, with a 2 second fade-in and 2 second fade-out at the start and end.

Terry
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Novice: help with batch processing

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You'd need to add a selection (Add Edit, Set Marker/Selection) to 2 seconds at the beginning (Start=0, Finish=2, "After beginning"). Add a Fade In effect (Add Effect, ...) . Add another selection (Start=28, Finish=30, "After beginning"). Add a Fade Out effect. Add another selelection (Start=0, Finish=30, "After beginning"). Add Trim.

To make 30 second clips from the end, you'd follow the same steps, but set the times relative to the "Before end" option.

To make 30 second clips from the middle, the first step would be to set the start marker to 50 and select the "Percent" option. You can then and another selection to set the finish marker to 15 seconds "After the start marker" and add one more selection to set the start marker 30 seconds "Before the finish marker". Add Trim, then follow the steps in the first paragraph.