MULTIQUENCE discontinued

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

MULTIQUENCE discontinued

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

As of 2013-01-08, MULTIQUENCE is discontinued. Support is no longer provided. Please use VideoMeld instead.
Boog

Re: MULTIQUENCE discontinued

Post by Boog »

Looking pretty good guys. My only peeve so far is that it would be nice to be able to drag&drop videos, but I can easily live without it. :) I've got a few cyberjams coming up and I'll use VM to do them. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Cheers,
Boog
Boog

Post by Boog »

BTW, I'm hanging onto MQ. Even without the video it's a great audio mixer. ;)
Joey_21

Post by Joey_21 »

Any chance that Multiquence will be offered for free now that it is discontinued?
DaveG2

Post by DaveG2 »

Is there an upgrade path from MQ to VideoMeld?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

A free 3 year license was e-mailed to everyone that purchased a MULTIQUENCE license in the past three years. If you've purchased after 2010-01-01 and haven't received your license, please contact me. Unfortunately there isn't an upgrade path for older licenses.

Chris
DaveG2

Post by DaveG2 »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:A free 3 year license was e-mailed to everyone that purchased a MULTIQUENCE license in the past three years. If you've purchased after 2010-01-01 and haven't received your license, please contact me. Unfortunately there isn't an upgrade path for older licenses.

Chris
No, sad to say, I was an early puchaser and upgraded no further than 2.55 in 2007. My policy is not to start over from square one, and so I won't, but MQ often provided me with a great tool (with a fabulously easy interface), so many thanks for that.

Dave
Unclenick

Post by Unclenick »

Since I bought lifetime licenses to both Goldwave and Multiquence (2002 or so) would it be a clarification of "lifetime" to mean the lifetime of the software and not of the owner? If so, before I go buying into Videoquence, is there some minimum product lifetime projected?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Your MULTIQUENCE license will continue to work in that program for as long as you need to use it. As for upgrades, there have been upgrade fees for MULTIQUENCE since about 1999 for all non-minor updates. Free lifetime upgrades were not available for MULTIQUENCE (only GoldWave).

MULTIQUENCE had a total of 11 releases over 10 years. VideoMeld already has 5 and lots of new features are planned.

Chris
Toothless

Post by Toothless »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:As of 2013-01-08, MULTIQUENCE is discontinued. Support is no longer provided. Please use VideoMeld instead.
No, please... bring back Multiquence for Win 10!! Man I miss this program as I learned on it. I can not to the same things with VideoMeld.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Just wondering what can't you do in VideoMeld?