Multiquence and the Compressor

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
lazarus

Multiquence and the Compressor

Post by lazarus »

Hi 'Quencers,

First off, I just want to say that this is my first time on this forum, but I have been a lonnnng time Multiquence user. Basically, I am frequently castigated by everyone I know who does music editing because no matter how large the project I use a simple program nobody has ever heard of that I have been using since 1997.

BUT what they don't know is how powerful this program is in that it gives you an amazing level of control over every detail of the sound. I have gotten some incredible results from the flange and the sequencing power and learned a lot about sound production along the way.

That is all background for this: I can't complete my projects any more without a compressor tool. Sound compressors are no longer a luxury, they are essential. When you make a final cut, it has to have compression of the sound or it will be too quiet on people's stereos or it will cap out and click. This is not a trivial problem.

For those of us holding on to this wonderful little gem: please give us a tool to do compression! I need to be able to decide which volumes get which amplification, or at least some sort of compression slider. I would hope if you do make it, it would be like your other tools: detail-oriented and highly flexible, so us tinkerers can really get the most out of it.

Cheers,
-Laz
Riley103

Re: Multiquence and the Compressor

Post by Riley103 »

Thank you so much for the post.