Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
roberts

how to use VB Script control goldwave?

Post by roberts »

hi,

I want to use vbscript (.vbs) to control GoldWave,
like (example is for FlashGet)

Code: Select all

set JetCarCatch=CreateObject("JetCar.Netscape")
call JetCarCatch.AddUrl("");
how to do like this?

Thanks in advance.
mh

Post by mh »

That would only be possible if GoldWave exported COM objects, which I don't think it does.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: how to use VB Script control goldwave?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

It depends what you want to do. Batch Processing can be done from the command line (see the manual for details). You'd have to create processing/conversion presets in advance, then specify those on the command line when running GoldWave within a VB Script.

I'm not familiar with VB Script, but searching on Google for "run program VB Script" should give some more information.

Chris
mightypile

vbscript information

Post by mightypile »

I just wanted to add for clarity:

VBscript is typically used to allow someone to manipulate actual objects and run commands in the binary executables of the program. This is much more powerful than batches and dos scripting.

Someone writing a VBscript to control Goldwave would be able to instantiate an actual running instance of Goldwave and pick and choose from menu commands, filters, etc. by calling the same functions that Chris assigned to those menu options.

I do believe that Chris would have had to expose those functions through a COM (or .NET) interface and register them with the operating system in the installation for this to happen.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: vbscript information

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

That level of control is not possible. GoldWave does not expose any functionality through COM or .NET.

Chris
QUINCUNX

Post by QUINCUNX »

REZ!

Any update on this? I was hoping to be able to manipulate GoldWave via .NET so that I can record audio using a global hotkey or upon a certain event. Is this still not possible?

If there's some work arounds, let me know!

Thanks,
Quincunx
Gord

Post by Gord »

QUINCUNX wrote:Any update on this? I was hoping to be able to manipulate GoldWave via .NET so that I can record audio using a global hotkey or upon a certain event. Is this still not possible?

If there's some work arounds, let me know!
Your .NET app doesn't need to manipulate GoldWave to record audio. Look here:

http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/art ... e-Recorder