How to use demo plugin?

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
el_supremo

How to use demo plugin?

Post by el_supremo »

I've compiled the samplevisual plugin as "sample.pig" using MSVC++ V6 but I can't figure out how to use it in Goldwave just to see what happens. When I start up Goldwave and load a wave file there's no indication in any menu item that Goldwave has seen the new plugin.
Which directory should the sample.pig file be in, and what do I do to actually use that plugin?

Thanks
Pete
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: How to use demo plugin?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Copy the .pig file into the "C:\Program Files\GoldWave\Visual" folder. Restart GoldWave load the new plug-in. Press the F11 key and choose the Visual tab to select it or add it to the quick select menu.

Chris
el_supremo

Post by el_supremo »

Thanks Chris.

BTW. I asked previously about saving a spectrogram as an image file. Is there some way that a plugin can get at the spectrogram image so that it can save it? If so, I'll give it a shot.

Pete
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There is no way for one visual to access the image of another visual, except at the instant one visual is changed to another. In theory, you could make a plug-in that copies/saves the image (pixel array or imageDC) the very first time the Draw function is called.

Chris