Like Form

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
docthor4

Like Form

Post by docthor4 »

I´m still with 5.25 version

I have some questions about the program, things I want on it and Things I´m missing on it.

On the effects window:
- We don´t have the ability to loop our job manipulating it. I really want it.
- I´m missing the "by pass" (solo) function. It´s good to see.

General:
- I´m missing the controls for shortcuts "ctrl" and "alt" for the waveform manipulation, it still good with the effects open too, selecting the form and manipulating the effects.
- A volume control on it, is a good option. Some effects can blow the windows sometimes. :-P

I have not liked the Higher resolution frequency visuals and the unability for windows 98 on the newer version.
It still science, anyway, may older versions works with it... but what is gonna be updated?

Another thing is the plug-in compatibility and the encoder extension for LAME, it or something else is a great dig perpendiculous inside, I spect that are you staff taking care of it, but it´s not the big deal at our needs manipulation subjects on this post.

I like your software very much I hope that supply my expectations.
Thank you for your time and work.

Inc. saying... :-)
Torquato Borges
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Like Form

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Preview looping is not possible yet, but looping is possible for normal playback. If the Control window is open (Tool | Control) you can click the Play button to play the audio bypassing the effect, even if an effect window is open. The volume can be adjusted at any time as well if the Control window is open.

Windows 98 cannot be supported anymore.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the Ctrl/Alt shortcuts or the LAME compatibility. GoldWave v5.5 automatically installs the LAME encoder if needed.

Chris
docthor4

I Like it Like it inform

Post by docthor4 »

The shortcuts (Ctrl/ALt*) has been understood, it´s very good and works like I want.
About the codec, I just don´t think the lame is best than frounhöfer to convert. I like the codec working on the main program if you know what I mean.

But the manusiability with the waveform with the effects window open and the loop button on it is essential. To hear and to select the part to effect alive.

The By pass button between the Effect made and the original waveform is a must, don´t you think?

I like the windows 98 program response, whatever I will go enjoying the program.

*Sorry Lame :-P