Video Problem

VideoMeld discussions and community help
cords911

Video Problem

Post by cords911 »

I have downloaded VideoMeld and seem to be having the same problem that Multiquence exhibits. The video screen will pop up during playback, but remains blank when there should be video. It will even do this with static images. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

-Jon
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Video Problem

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

What type of video files are you working with? If you remove the video files and just have the image files, does that work? Also try different types of video files to see if the problem is specific to one type of file.

Make sure that the video section is not muted (the little green triangle in the upper left corner isn't slashed out).

Chris
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

What type of video files are you working with? If you remove the video files and just have the image files, does that work? Also try different types of video files to see if the problem is specific to one type of file.

Make sure that the video section is not muted (the little green triangle in the upper left corner isn't slashed out).

Chris
cords911

Post by cords911 »

Thanks for the quick reply, Chris. I checked all of that. It reacts the same way with either a video file or a still image file (I tried both separately) so it seems to have something to do with the core video output of the program. The video I used to test with was MPG. I tried both JPG and GIF stills.
ElfQrin

Post by ElfQrin »

Is it only a playback issue, or does it also save a blank (audio only) video?
cords911

Post by cords911 »

I've played around with it some more. Some video files will play fine. Some image files will play fine. Others will not. Whats got me baffle is this: The image files that play OK and don't play are both JPG.

To answer the question, when the project is compiled, it will display as a black screen for the bad files, just as is does in the program.
cords911

Post by cords911 »

I think I figured it out. It seems that if the image has an aspect ratio that's way off, instead of the program adjusting to make it fit (either stretching it or using letterbox) it just barfs and shows a blank screen. At least that's what I've found so far.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'll check into that. How big of an aspect ratio is needed before things stop working? Using Section Options on an image should show the resolution.

Chris