Probably a silly question.

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Coolgamer

Probably a silly question.

Post by Coolgamer »

I'm... not really a fan of the new program icon and start screen. Actually, I've downgraded to 6.45 for the time being. Is there a way to preserve the old options while running the new version? Not certain if I might be able to just swap some files from the old build into the new.
Tristan

Re: Probably a silly question.

Post by Tristan »

Why don't you just close your eyes for 5 seconds while the program starts?
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Is your question based on a technical issue or is it personal preference? Would a different background colour help?

You can change the application shortcut to add the "-nosplash" parameter to hide the splash screen entirely if you wish.
Coolgamer

Post by Coolgamer »

To be honest, it's mostly my OCD. The new icon doesn't look quite "right" while I'm working and I'm super-used to the original, it looked very clean and professional. I'm not certain if Goldwave could support multiple theme like other programs do, but if that ever happens, the original design would be nice.

I've been a user for almost well over a decade now, I think. One of the first real sound editors I started using, certainly was using in the the Windows XP days... not sure if I did in Windows 98.

I'll probably be hanging on to the old build until something breaks or Flac gets updated.