SamfordReverb VST Plugin presets

GoldWave general discussions and community help
lwk

SamfordReverb VST Plugin presets

Post by lwk »

I am currently running Goldwave v6.54. I have noticed that all of the SamfordReverb VST Plugin built in presets are no longer showing in the plugin dropdown menu. This appears to be true for both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions of the plugin. I haven't used the Samford VST plugin for a while so I don't know when or if a Goldwave update might have triggered that problem. Any suggestions to point me in the right direction to discover a solution would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LK
Tristan

Re: SamfordReverb VST Plugin presets

Post by Tristan »

Is there an updated version of the plug-in? You might try downloading that and see if that solves your problem.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
lwk

Post by lwk »

Tristan wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 am
Is there an updated version of the plug-in? You might try downloading that and see if that solves your problem.
Tristan,

Sorry I failed to mention that getting the newest version of the plug-in was my first choice in attempting a fix. Unfortunately after installing the latest version of the plug-in the issue was not resolved.

LK
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Hm...the only thing I can suggest is that, if there is some GW cache file with VST plug-in info in it, either edit the file of its Samford content, or delete the file altogether and start over. Sorry, I know this sounds pretty lame. My only excuse that I don't use VST plug-ins with GW, so I've never had to deal with your sort of problem.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

We are working on a problem with getting VST presets in the new GWVST plug-in in GoldWave.
lwk

Post by lwk »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:56 pm
We are working on a problem with getting VST presets in the new GWVST plug-in in GoldWave.
Thanks for the speedy response Chris. There is certainly no urgency to the matter from my point of view. The installation of a similar plug-in from a different vendor solved the issue adequately for me. All presets in the newly installed plug-in are working just fine and several of them are very close to those that I had become accustomed to using in the former plug-in.

LK
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

This is a bit of a hijack, but I tried a couple of 64-bit VSTs with 6.54, and they worked. I didn't have any directory or crashing issues like I had with 6.53. One of the plugs is a paraEQ so, since I am constantly manipulating it, presets don't matter.
lwk

Post by lwk »

lwk wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:33 pm
I am currently running Goldwave v6.54. I have noticed that all of the SamfordReverb VST Plugin built in presets are no longer showing
Problem Solved...

Recently set up a new PC (Win 10), installed latest Goldwave version, installed original SamfordReverb VST Plugin and all of the presets are once again present and working properly.

LK